You are here
Thermal Management of LEDs in Automotive
LEDs are now in use outside the car, including turn signals, running lights, tail lights, brake lights, and headlights.
LEDs are popular because they provide:
- Enhanced reliability and durability
- Reduced power consumption
- Compact form factor
- Improved contrast and color accuracy
- Illumination at greater distances
- Full brightness within nanoseconds
But brighter LED systems get hot very quickly. Fabrico can help design engineers working in transportation to select and effectively use the thermal interface materials (TIMs) their LED lighting applications require.