You are here
Laboratory Test Capabilities
Design engineers select the materials they want to use at the start of the design process and treat the selection of adhesives as an afterthought.
This can lead to a design where the adhesive is constrained by the materials.
Initial considerations for the design engineer should include:
- Whether or not the application requires an adhesive
- The projected lifetime of the bond and the acceptable time-to-failure
- The physical loads on the bond
- The environmental conditions during operation
- The possibility of adhesive failure
- The assembly requirements for the project
As an experienced converter and materials and adhesives expert, Fabrico uses laboratory testing procedures to help design engineers identify and use the best combination of materials and adhesives for an application.