You are here
DuPont™ Materials for Medical Applications
Fabrico Medical uses well-known DuPont™ materials such as Kevlar®, Nomex®, DuPont’s Teijin Films™ Mylar®, and Kapton®. But, DuPont™ also provides products that help stop the spread of infection and protect the patient and medical professional alike.
Specially engineered resins, high-end specialty polymers, and medical packaging papers exhibiting toughness, microbial barrier and low linting, are just a few of the medically approved lines developed by DuPont™ for the medical device and medical packaging industries.
Fabrico Medical and its customers rely on the long-standing brand reputation of products like DuPont™ Tyvek®, Delrin®, Corian®, and more, when selecting solid surface materials for medical devices, puncture-resistant packaging materials, and flexible, fatigue-resistant polymers for medical tubing and package seals.
Some of the many familiar DuPont™ brands and their product uses in the medical environment are:
- Corian® Solid Surface – used to create unique and seamless surfaces and intricate inlays and trivets
- Delrin® Acetal Resin – used as a metal replacement, due to its dimensional stability and its low-wear, low-friction and lubricity
- Hytrel® thermoplastic polyester elastomer – used in parts that require the flexibility of rubber and the strength of plastic
- Sorona® thermoplastic – a high performance and moldable resin
- Tyvek® Medical Packaging – ideal for devices like syringes and medical devices with round edges
- Tynex® Nylon Filaments – perfect for toothbrushes, floss threaders and tongue brushes
- Zytel® Nylon Resin – easy to process, modify and it’s tough, light and resilient
New and exciting applications are in development at DuPont™, and in these applications, DuPont™ is working with OEMs and converters like Fabrico Medical to identify new material properties and develop solutions for high performance/high temperature use.
Ask an Engineer for assistance with any medical application challenge you are facing.