You are here
Thermal Management | Thermal Materials
Fabrico has in-depth experience in creating custom solutions for thermal management using materials and adhesives from industry-leading suppliers.
As systems in all industries become smaller, denser, and operate at elevated temperatures, effective thermal management becomes critical. Fabrico converts material to dissipate and transfer heat away from sensitive components to heat sinks or the ambient environment. To prevent excess heat from having expensive repercussions on system performance and safety, Fabrico uses:
• Phase-change materials that change from solids to liquids while absorbing heat;
• Adhesives and greases that sit between a heat generating device and a heat sink;
• Pressure-sensitive tapes that mount components to heat sinks, such as elastomer gaskets;
• Thermal fabrics (fiberglass reinforced, ceramic-filled polymer) that provide thermal conductivity and electrical isolation;
• Tapes, elastomer pads, and coated fabrics that provide thermal impedance or thermal conductivity;
• Silicone sponge materials for heat absorption or heat transmission.
Fabrico works with leading materials suppliers like 3M, DuPont, Von Roll, and Saint-Gobain to suggest the best thermal solution for a specific application. Fabrico’s die-cutting and lamination capabilities ensure that a customer receives materials or combinations of materials to meet their needs. An in-house test lab allows Fabrico to try different materials with different thermal characteristics early in the design stage to avoid unnecessary problems, delays, and expenses.