3M™ VHB™ Acrylic Foam Tape 5962P
3M™ VHB™ Tape 5962, very conformable foam, modified acrylic adhesive, thickness 0.062 in. (1.55 mm), Black VHB with white PCK paper liner. UL 746C - File MH17478
Modified Acrylic adhesive - Great for bonding to medium low surface energy paints and plastics, including many powder coated paints in addition to medium to high surface energy materials such as metal and glass. The very high conformable foam provides the highest level of conformability while maintaining high internal strength.
3M™ VHB™ Tapes are bonding tapes made with acrylic foam which is viscoelastic in nature. Viscoelastic means the foam absorbs energy and relaxes stress providing these tapes with their unique characteristics. The acrylic chemistry provides outstanding durability performance. 3M™ VHB™ Tapes are 100% closed cell, so they form a high performance seal in addition to a strong bond.
We slit in rolls to any size, laminate, laser-cut or die-cut with pull tabs to your exact specifications.
- Small pack
- Very conformable foam for better seal on low surface energy substrates
- PCK paper liner for excellent strength and great for die-cutting
- Perfect Alternative for rivets, spot welds and other mechanical fasteners
- Closed-cell design dampens vibration and gets rid of unsightly bolts and fasteners
- Exceptional bonds even on painted materials
- UL 746C compliance makes it great for electronic products
- Temperature tolerance short term up to 300°F long term up to 250°F
- Bonding and mounting bars to windows
- Bond and seal polycarbonate lens over LCD
- Bond pre-painted metals in truck assembly
- Bond and seal pre-painted control panels/switch gears
- Mount vinyl wiring ducts and conduit channels