3M Printable Repulpable Single Coated Splicing Tape 9103TC
Primarily used for butt splicing "lip" and/or "tail" of LWC (light weight coated) grades off the re-reeler, as well as other fine papers that are treated with alkaline coatings. A blue paper tape with repulpable adhesive on a kraft liner.
9103 tape is a 4.5 mil (0.11 mm) single coated tape supplied on a paper liner for printability. Primary application uses include butt splicing "lip" and/or "tail" of LWC (light weight coated) grades off the re-reeler, as well as other fine papers that are treated with alkaline coatings. FDA compliant.
Caliper (mils): 4.5
We slit in rolls or die-cut to your exact specifications.
- These tapes can be used in the splicing of many coated and uncoated papers used in Offset & Rotogravure printing.
- It also can be used in many other finished splice applications, even with “alkaline coatings” and with stearate sizing.
- Packing in sealed plastic bags helps assure the moisture content of unused tape.
- Water and alkali dispersability are excellent and eliminate danger of contaminating the paper mill broke with non-repulpable material.
- *(Poor quality paper and plugged Fourdrinier screens often can be caused by typical non-repulpable, rubber base splicing media.)
- The kraft backing is untreated and readily accepts most inks and coatings.
- Butt splicing in both coated and uncoated papers and cellulosic materials.
- Cover tape for safety splices and perfect splices.
- Hole patching.