3M™ PTFE Glass Cloth Tape 5453
3M™ PTFE Glass Cloth Tape 5453 Brown, premium performance, glass cloth tape impregnated with PTFE and silicone adhesive. Tape 5453 is a heat seal tape. Thicker backing version of Tape 5451 3M™ PTFE Glass Cloth Tape 5453, premium performance PTFE combined with glass cloth is resistant to most chemicals, provides a slick surface, high tensile strength, puncture resistance and abrasion resistance with low moisture absorption. These products provide long lasting, easy release performance on heat sealing machines and process equipment. You also can use the tapes to keep production moving smoothly through conveying chutes, troughs and ducts. provides a high temperature release surface for protection and insulation such as the bar underneath where the hot wire seals plastic film. Thicker backing version of Tape 5451
A glass cloth impregnated with PTFE (Polytetrafluoroethylene) and coated with a silicone pressure sensitive adhesive. Slick Surface Tapes used to wrap web rollers for smoother material movement, cover web former edge to minimize friction during folding, protect plastic contact bar under hot wire in shrink wrapping, used as a "slip plane" between dissimilar surfaces to help reduce noise, masking and bundling in composite part manufacturing.
- The reinforcement provided by the woven glass cloth fabric base adds tensile strength and resistance to tear and puncture in comparison to typical PTFE film backed tapes.
- Moisture absorption is close to zero, allowing performance in many humid environments.
- Easy-release surface on packaging and heat sealing machines, ironing and pressing equipment.
- Release surface on bonding tools.
- Lining conveying chutes, troughs and ducts.
- Covering rollers, drums, turnbars and formers on stitchers, binders and other process machinery.