3M™ Heavy Duty Aluminum Foil Tape 438
3M™ Heavy Duty Aluminum Foil Tape 438 Silver, 7.2 mil (0.18 mm) aluminum foil tape with pressure sensitive acrylic adhesive.
3M™ Heavy Duty Aluminum Foil Tape 438, 7.2 mil (0.18 mm) aluminum foil tape with pressure sensitive acrylic adhesive. 3M™ Heavy Duty Aluminum Foil Tape 438, dead-soft aluminum foil backing, excellent heat and light reflection to protect against high temperatures and U.V. degradation. The foil also serves as an excellent barrier against moisture. Acrylic adhesive supplies superior temperature, U.V. and solvent resistance. It provides excellent age life and is ideal for harsh, long-term outdoor environments. Thickest aluminum foil tape. Meets F.A.R 25.853(a) and meets UL 723 Class L
- Meets requirements of F.A.R. 25.853(a)
- Foil backing provides an excellent reflective surface for both heat and light
- Flame resistant. Meets U.L. 723, Class “L” low flammability rating (File R 7311)
- Aluminum foil backing and acrylic adhesive system combine to offer long aging both indoors and out
- The high coefficient of expansion offered by the aluminum allows expansion and contraction with changes in temperatures, along with thermal conductivity
- Performs in a range from -65° to over 300°F (-54° to 149°C). Higher temperatures for shorter periods of time.
- Barrier, protector and thermal conductor in appliance (electronics) industry
- Use when customer specification calls for a 5-mil (0.13 mm) foil as a barrier for vinyl coated wires in many applications in appliance industry
- Patch tears in skins of aircraft and truck trailers