You are here
3M™ Aluminum Foil Tape 431
3M™ Aluminum Foil Tape 431 Silver, 3.1 mil (0.08 mm) aluminum foil backing with acrylic adhesive.
3M™ Aluminum Foil Tape 431, 3.1 mil (0.08 mm) aluminum foil backing with acrylic adhesive. 3M™ Aluminum Foil Tape 431, dead-soft aluminum foil backing, excellent heat and light reflection to protect against high temperatures and U.V. degradation. The foil also serves as an excellent barrier against moisture. Acrylic adhesive supplies superior temperature, U.V. and solvent resistance. It provides excellent age life and is ideal for harsh, long-term outdoor environments. Meets F.A.R 25.853(a) and meets UL 723 Class L
- Flame resistant. Meets U.L. 723, Class “L” low flammability rating (File R 7311).
- Meets requirements of F.A.R. 25.853(a).
- Foil backing provides an excellent reflective surface for both heat and light.
- Good aging performance both indoors and outdoors.
- Low moisture vapor transmission rate offers excellent sealing and patching performance.
- Best results attained when applied to clean dry surface above 32°F (0°C).
- Seal and patch tears in truck trailers, as well as other outdoor equipment.
- Reflect heat away from sensitive areas.
- Thermal heat conduction.
- General purpose holding, patching, sealing applications – indoors or out.
- Splicing of thin gauge foils.
- Good maskant in electroplating of aluminum because it will not contaminate the bath.