You are here
3M™ Damping Foil 2552
3M™ Damping Foil 2552 Silver, aluminum foil constraining layer coated with a pressure-sensitive viscoelastic polymer on a poly-coated paper easy-release liner. 3M™ Damping Foil Tapes help damp vibrations on metal and plastic surfaces vibrating at their natural (resonant) frequency, consists of a pressure-sensitive viscoelastic polymer and aluminum foil constraining layer that effectively converts vibrational energy to negligible heat to reducing irritating noises and decreasing wear and tear on parts. Optimal temperature range from 32°F to 140°F (0°C to 60°C).
3M™ Damping Foil Tapes, aluminum foil constraining layer coated with a pressure-sensitive viscoelastic polymer on a poly-coated paper easy-release liner. 3M™ Damping Foils' construction effectively converts vibrational energy to negligible heat. Designed to be used where metal, plastic panels or support structures create disruptive or damaging resonant vibration. Damping Foils can be designed into or retrofitted to a broad range of industrial products, electronic equipment and appliances.
- Absorbs and dissipates vibration, reduces noise, reduces metal fatigue, resists flame, resists moisture, resists weather, resists UV degradation
- Premium damping tape, 10.0 mil backing, 5.0 mil ISD 112 acrylic viscoelastic
- General use, trucks, buses, trains, appliances, HVAC, aircraft, aerospace, die-cut aluminum foil parts
- Automotive, Aerospace, HVAC, Appliance, Military, Government, Defense, Marine, Metal Finishing, Electronics, Recreational Vehicle, Construction, General Industrial
- Insulating, sealing, seaming, shielding, harness wrapping, joining, vibration damping, plastic protection, heat shielding, heat reflecting