3M™ Polyester Tape 8991
3M™ Polyester Tape 8991 Blue, 2.4 mil, blue polyester tape with silicone adhesive. Used in a large variety of high temperature masking applications including powder coating and flash breaker / bag sealing applications. Additional applications include splicing, tabbing, or roll closing silicone treated liners or materials.
Polyester backed tapes that are abrasion and chemical resistant Release Surface and Liner Splicing Tapes used in splicing, repairing, holding and reinforcing a variety of difficult to hold materials and subject to high temperatures.
- Linered version available for die-cuts.
- Silicone adhesives adhere well to tough-to-stick-to surfaces like silicone liners and fixtures coated with mold release.
- Silicone adhesive removes cleanly from many surfaces.
- Polyester films offer excellent thermal, abrasion, and chemical resistance while maintaining their flexibility.
- Blue color makes tape placement obvious for both application and removal.
- Thin backing leaves a sharp paint line and some conformability.
- Silicone adhesives offer high heat resistance compared to many rubber and acrylic adhesives, reducing failure due to softening, oozing, and adhesive transfer.
- Masking for powdercoat painting.
- Flashbreaker tape when pulling through cured coating such as epoxies.
- Holding and splicing difficult to stick to surfaces such as silicone liner.
- Holding parts or sealing vacuum bags during processing.