You are here
3M™ Co-Extruded Polyethylene Protective Tape 25A10C
A 2.5 mil low-tack protective tape with a co-extruded polyethylene backing. Made in USA. Provides temporary protection of many glossed surfaces. Non-UV applications requiring high elongation and excellent abrasion resistance compared to a traditional polyethylene film.
3M™ Co-Extruded Polyethylene Protective Tapes 25A10 and 25A12 have a low-tack adhesive system to help provide temporary protection of many polished steel and aluminum sheets, coils, gloss finish plastic laminate tops, gloss finish painted metals and glass from surface damage such as scratching and abrading.
- Greater abrasion resistance vs. many typical thicker gauge films for ease of application to help reduce cost.
- High elongation which may be left on through forming without removing to help reduce labor.
- Thinner gauge backing which allows more linear footage on a roll vs. many typical thicker gauge films to help reduce inventory.
- Enhanced elongation properties of the film allow the tapes to be left on during many forming operations where damage may occur.
- Automotive – trim: bi-metal aluminumpolished gloss, stainless steel, chrome and interior plastic.
- Graphic Arts – nameplates: gloss and matte screen printed.
- Plastics – matte high-pressure laminates.
- Metals – aluminum: anodized, painted, bronzed; stainless steel: #4 polished.
- General – cultured marble, painted gloss finished architectural panels, smooth acrylic sheets and films.