You are here
3M™ Polyethylene Protective Tape 2187C
A 2 mil high-tack protective tape with a polyethylene backing. Made in USA. Provides temporary protection of many light textured or low gloss surfaces. Non-UV applications requiring good clarity, low elongation, and good abrasion resistance.
3M™ Polyethylene Protective Tape 2187 has a high-tack adhesive system to help provide temporary protection of many metals, plastics and painted metal panels with minimum adhesion buildup and clean removal.
- Transparent backing to allow visual inspection without tape removal to help save money on reworks.
- Acrylic adhesive that is non-corrosive and non-staining for clean removal.
- Humidity-resistant adhesive will help minimize risk of residue when used in environments with high humidity to help reduce labor costs.
- Metals – aluminum: painted, bronzed, brushed and anodized.
- Architectural Panels and Garage Doors – bronzed finish painted aluminum and embossed painted-flat.
- Plastics – molded textured matte laminates and acrylic sheets; matte decorative and vinyl laminates.
- General – matte screenprinted nameplates and plastic.