3M™ Polyethylene Protective Tape 2104C
A 2 mil low-tack protective tape with a polyethylene backing. Made in USA. Provides temporary protection of many polished surfaces. Non-UV applications requiring good clarity, low elongation, and good abrasion resistance.
3M™ Polyethylene Protective Tapes 2104 and 2105 have a very low-tack adhesive system to help provide temporary protection of many polished metals, plastics and glass materials with minimum adhesion buildup and clean removal.
- Transparent backing allows visual inspection without tape removal.
- Easy punch characteristics withstand most forming operations where die tolerances are critical which helps save money on scrap, rejects and reworks.
- Acrylic adhesive is non-corrosive and non-staining.
- Automotive – trim: bi-metal aluminum-polished gloss, and interior plastic.
- Graphic Arts – gloss screenprinted nameplates, aluminum signs painted gloss and polished polycarbonate.
- Plastics – sheeting: polished polycarbonate, polyester, acrylic and injection molded parts.
- Metals – anodized bright specular aluminum.
- Architectural Panels and Garage Doors – smooth and painted-gloss.
- General – CRT screens glass, LCD screens glass, microwave oven and refrigerator door panels.