You are here
Scotchgard Multi-Layer Protective Film for Glass 1004MS
A four-layer, optically transparent, pressure sensitive polyester film tape designed to protect interior and exterior of public transportation vehicle windows and from vandalism, scratching and etching. Scotchgard™ Multi Layer Protective Film is designed to protect interior and exterior of public transportation vehicle windows, bus shelters, restroom mirrors, map cases, elevators, and escalators from vandalism, scratching and etching. A defaced layer of film can quickly, cleanly and easily be removed restoring visible clarity.
3M transit market customers have literally peeled millions of dollars off their operating budgets using 3M™ Scotchgard™ Multi-Layer Protective Film. Scotchgard™ Multi-Layer Protective Film for Glass designed to protect the interior of public transportation vehicle windows from intentional mutilations, scratching and etching. A defaced film layer can be quickly and easily removed, exposing a fresh protective layer.
- Multi-layer construction reduces total application and removal costs versus single layer protection.
- Thick polyester film construction prevents typical scratches from affecting layers below.
- Film protects glass from chemical etching agents such as Bath Etch™ or Armour Etch™.
- Film on glass and polycarbonate meets ASTM E162, ASTM E662, FMVSS-302 and Bombardier SMP 800-C requirements.
- Durable top-coat layer prevents light scratches caused by installation, wiping, cleaning or abrasion
- Resists the effects of outgassing when used on polycarbonate and acrylic.
- Optimized inter-layer adhesive provides firm, adequate adhesion yet fast and easy removal.
- High clarity construction provides glass-like appearance.
- 3M™ Scotchgard™ Multi-Layer Protective Films 1002MS and 1004MS protect glass, polycarbonate, acrylic and other surfaces from damage due to scratching, abrasion or chemical etching.
- Used for protecting smooth, flat surfaces such as public transportation windows and doors, modesty panels, transit kiosks, shelters, displays, mirrors and elevators.