Scotch® High Strength Filament Tape 890
Scotch® Filament Tape 890MSR is a black polyester backed tape with a modified synthetic rubber adhesive and is reinforced with fiberglass filaments. Scotch® Filament Tape 890MSR has 600 lbs./in. width of tensile strength and utilizes a unique, proprietary, modified synthetic rubber adhesive for optimum oily metal adhesion. Scotch® Filament Tape 890MSR uses a solventless adhesive coating process, which offers a more sustainable option, even for demanding applications.
High performance. Transparent polyester backing reinforced with extra continuous glass filament. Typical 600 lb/inch width tensile strength for extremely heavy-duty bundling. High shear strength and excellent aging. Heavy polyester backing is easy to handle and dispense. Provides excellent resistance to abrasion, moisture and scuffing. Extra amounts of continuous glass filaments reinforce tape for extremely heavy bundling at low unit cost. Specially formulated rubber resin adhesive bonds with good initial adhesion, excellent aging, and high shear strength.Applications:- Heavy-duty bundling of metal pipes, rods, conduit, and lumber- Heavy-duty splicing in the paper industry- Holding lift flap on Basiloid containers used for appliances and furnitureTypical Physical Properties:- Low 3% elongation at break to help keep bundles tight- 50 oz/inch adhesion to steel- Black backing protects tape against sunlight and ultraviolet rays for good outdoor weathering- Standard widths: 12, 18, and 24 mm
- High strength filament reinforced strapping tape for heavy duty applications.
- High strength filament reinforced tape for heavy duty applications.
- Natural rubber adhesive filament tape used for hard to stick to surfaces, such as oily metal.
- Oil, gas, appliance, metal working, pipe manufacturing, government and general industrial.
- Metal bundling, high strength reinforcing, lift flap closure, heavy duty strapping, box closing and anti-bird caging.