Scotch® Specialty Filament Tape 880
Scotch® Filament Tape 880 is a clear polypropylene backing reinforced with polyester yarn filaments with a synthetic rubber resin adhesive. Scotch® Filament Tape 880 provides 270 lbs./in. width tensile strength offering high cut and impact resistance for bundling heavy or sharp edged objects. Provides excellent resistance to nicks, abrasion and chemicals.
High performance. Polypropylene backing reinforced with polyester yarn. Typical 270 lb/inch width tensile strength with high cut- and impact-resistance for bundling heavy or sharp-edged objects. High shear adhesive with excellent aging. Thick polypropylene backing is easy to handle and dispense and provides excellent resistance to nicks, abrasion, moisture and chemicals. Specially formulated hot melt adhesive bonds with high initial adhesion, high shear strength, and excellent long-term adhesion on fiberboard, metals, and printed or painted surfaces. Applications:- Bundling heavy or sharp-edged objects such as metal tubing and rods, or lumber- Tabbing end laps of large metal coils; metal coil banding. Can be custom printed using the Print Seal™ process. Typical Physical Properties:- 15% elongation at break- 80 oz/inch adhesion to steel- Bar codes, type and graphics show through translucent backing- Standard widths: 9, 12, 15, 18, 24, 30, 36, 48 mm
- High strength filament reinforced tape for demanding applications.
- Pipe bundling, high strength reinforcing, lift flap closure tape, heavy duty strapping and box closing.
- Polyester filaments with increased abrasion and shock resistance for high abrasion applications.
- Synthetic rubber adhesive has good shear strength to fiber board surfaces for bundling, strapping and reinforcing applications.
- Appliance, pipe manufacturing, and general industrial.