DuPont™ Nomex® 414
Nomex® 414 is electrically and thermally similar to Nomex® 410, but it is manufactured to produce a strong but more flexible and conformable sheet with an open surface. It is produced in thicknesses ranging from 0.18 mm (7 mil) to 0.38 mm (15 mil), with specific gravities ranging from 0.9 to 1.0. It is designed for use as slot insulation in hand-wound motors, for linear wrapping of wire, and as main insulation for dry-type transformers where conformability and impregnability are required.
- Exceptional thermal stability
- Outstanding mechanical toughness
- Inherent dielectric strength
- Broad chemical compatibility
- Excellent flame resistance
- Large power, medium voltage and high voltage (>1.2 kV)
- Medium voltage, general purpose & substation (>1.2 kV)
- Low voltage, general purpose/specialty (<1.2 kV)
- HVT/microwave power
- UPS/data center/converter
- Lighting ballast
- Welding, Mining, Power conversion, and more...