Specialty Silicone Products SSP-502-65-032-Composite - NG-1
SSP-502-65-032-Composite - NG-1
Typically, in order to manufacture a highly conductive silicone elastomer, it must be filled with a very high loading level of conductive fillers, such as nickel coated graphite. In many other shielding products, the increased conductive filler loading results in a decrease of the rubber and sealing properties of the final product, in regards to tear, compression and other overall physical properties. SSP-502-65-032-Composite-NG-1 counteracts this by utilizing a nickel coated conductive fabric that increases the product’s physical properties exponentially in both strength and conductivity (shielding effectiveness).
- Durometer Shore A (58-68 range): 65
- Tensile psi (Report): 950
- Elongation % (Report): 20
- Tear ‘B” ppi (35 min): 165
- Specific Gravity (Report): 1.93
- Volume Resistivity ohm/cm (Report): 0.007 ohm/cm
- Compression Set % 70hrs 100C (Report): 25
- Color: Dark Gray
- Thermal Stability Range: -550C to 2000C
Most EMI/RFI silicone gaskets are very expensive and standard non-reinforced materials are subject to being torn or damaged in production, installation, or in use. Additionally, a more important factor than even the cost of the material, is the risk of potential failure of high end electronics due to material breakdown. If an EMI/RFI gasket tears while in use, the risk of Electromagnetic Interference due to shielding loss is greatly increased. By reinforcing the silicone used in SSP-502-65-032-Composite-NG-1, the chance of tearing is significantly reduced versus more brittle non-reinforced EMI/RFI silicone gaskets.
SSP-502-65-032-Composite-NG-1 can be manufactured in a continuous roll, allowing for fabrication of larger non-bonded gaskets than can be made out of sheet molds that limit the size of the fabricated gaskets.
- 65 durometer (Shore A) silicone filled with nickel coated graphite particles
- Elastomer reinforced with an inner layer of conductive fabric
- Superior strength compared to alternative EMI/RFI shielding and sealing materials
- Silver like conductivity without silver pricing volatility and cost concerns
- Produced as a continuous roll up to 15 inches wide
- Military, Telecom, Automotive, Medical and Electronic Device shielding
- Moldable format for EMI/RFI gasket fabrication
- Sheet stock for conversion into shielding gaskets via the most efficient, cost-effective method