3M™ Lead Foil Tape 420
3M™ Lead Foil Tape 420 Dark Silver, lead foil backing with a green rubber adhesive and a clear, easy-release film liner. 3M™ Lead Foil Tape 420, linered tape used as a maskant in electroplating and as a moisture and radiation barrier in certain applications. Lead foil backing provides good conformability having electrically and thermally conductive properties. This linered tape can be easily die-cut into special sizes or shapes.
3M™ Lead Foil Tape, lead foil backing with a green rubber adhesive and a clear, easy-release film liner. 3M™ Lead Foil Tapes are acid resistant and malleable for a broad range of etching, milling and plating operations.
- Very good conformability.
- Good thermal properties and will perform over a wide variety of temperature conditions (-60° to 225°F or -54° to 106°C). It has been used at higher temperatures for shorter duration.
- Electrically and thermally conductive.
- Can be die-cut into specific shapes.
- This material when disposed of separately is classified as RCRA hazardous waste. Please consult applicable Federal, State and local regulations for proper disposal.
- Elevated lead levels in water may result from long term submersion of this product.
- Best results are obtained when applied to a clean dry surface above 32°F (0°C). Also, by “feathering” the edges – rubbing the tape down with a smooth-edged plastic piece (or similar object) – the tape can be made to better conform to the substrate.
- This is especially important if the tape is to be used as a “thief” in electroplating where the edges must fully contact the metal base.