Solar Acrylic Foam Tape 3230
3M™ Solar Acrylic Foam Tape 3230 is a 2.3 mm grey, double-coated acrylic foam tape used in solar applications. The acrylic foam core of tape 3230 has unique viscoelastic properties that allow it to elongate and relax when put under load, minimizing stress on the adhesive bond line.
- Thickness - Inches (mm) 0.09 (2.3)
- Pressure sensitive adhesive for quick application with immediate handling strength to speed assembly.
- Strength to replace liquid adhesives and mechanical fasteners in many applications.
- Neat application without the mess, ooze, and curing delay of liquid adhesives.
- Can typically tolerate differential movement in the shear plane up to 3 times its thickness.
- Bonds and seals simultaneously with durability to withstand vibration, impact, and weathering.
- Provides a clean, smooth appearance.
- 3M Tape 3230 is ideal for bonding substrates together that are mismatched in their thermal expansion coefficient (CTE).