3M™ Low Static Polyimide Film Tape 5419
3M™ Low Static Polyimide Film Tape 5419 Gold on a plastic core, 2.7 mil (0.07 mm) translucent, polyimide film-backed silicone adhesive tape with unique and extremely low electrostatic discharge properties 3M™ Low Static Polyimide Film Tape 5419, mask for printed circuit boards during wave solder or solder dip process, used as release surface in fabrication of parts cured at elevated temperatures
Pressure sensitive silicone adhesives with dimensionally stable low static 1 mil polyimide backing for masking gold fingers or selected PCB areas during wave solder. Clean removal. Translucent amber.
- At room temperature the properties of polyimide and polyester film are similar. However, as the temperature increases or decreases, the properties of the polyimide film are less affected than polyester.
- Polyimide film does not soften at elevated temperatures, thus, the film provides an excellent release surface at elevated temperatures.
- Gold tab protection during wave solder of printed circuit boards.
- RoHS compliant.
- Employs a proprietary technology that results in extremely low electrostatic discharge at unwind and removal from the PWB.
- Mask for printed circuit boards during wave solder or solder dip process.
- Used as release surface in fabrication of parts cured at elevated temperatures.