3M™ Copper Foil Shielding Tape 1181 with Conductive Acrylic Adhesive
2.6 Mil (total thickness) Copper Foil designed for applications requiring reliable point-to-point electrical contact, particularly EMI shielding, grounding and static charge draining.
3M™ Shielding Tape 1181 consists of a 1.4mil copper foil backing and a unique electrically conductive pressure sensitive adhesive. The 1181 tape has common EMI shielding 1.4-mil thick copper foil backing. Highly conductive particles in the acrylic adhesive provide a multitude of electrical paths between the application substrate and the surface of the copper foil. Acrylic adhesive has good resistance to heat, oxidation, solvents and oils. The tape is UL Recognized for flame retardancy per UL 510. This tape is designed for a variety of applications: point-to-point electrical contact, EMI/RFI shielding, grounding and static charge draining. These tapes can used in both electronic & electrical devices, shielded rooms and EMI test laboratories for prototyping, design and troubleshooting.
- Deadsoft 1-ounce copper foil backing
- Conductive acrylic adhesive
- Supplied on a removable liner for easy handling and diecutting
- 3M 1181 Tape is typically used for applications requiring excellent electrical conductivity from the application substrate through the adhesive to the foil backing.
- Common uses include grounding and EMI shielding in equipment, components, shielded rooms, etc.
- The copper foil backing is solderable and resists oxidation and discoloration.