You are here
Building Highly Precise Microfluidic Devices with State-of-the-Art Digital Laser Technologies
With the advent of more cost-effective manufacturing techniques, microfluidic devices are being used as diagnostic tools to test small medical, food, or environmental samples. From blood, electrolytes (e.g. sodium and potassium) and arrays measuring hematocrit/hemoglobin, blood gases, coagulation, drug screening, and cardiac markers can be measured. These portable devices make many "in the field" applications possible and are at the forefront of point-of-care testing which allows patients with chronic medical conditions to monitor themselves at home.
Fabrico Medical can design and manufacture lids, covers, and adhesive interfaces for microtiter plates with 96, 384, 1536 wells and custom designed diagnostic disposables. In addition, Fabrico Medical can manufacture the following microfluidic consumables and components:
- Specific layers for biosensors
- Integrated consumables for lab-on-chip application
- Hydrophilic fluid transport technologies
- Custom microfluidic channels and structures
Fabrico Medical design engineers combined with state-of-the-art digital laser technologies can build highly precise microfluidic devices. Our engineering experts can produce parts with:
- Laser cut feature tolerances as small as 100 µm or (0.004")
- Fixed beam etchings focused down to 70 um
- Position features tolerances as low as 50 µm (or 0.002")
- Microfluidic channels as narrow as 125 µm (or 0.005"), positioned within a tolerance of 50 µm (or 0.002")
In addition to helping with the product design, our manufacturing experts can create a repeatable, high-volume, high-speed process that meets specified performance characteristics (e.g. flow rates).
Fabrico Medical offers Class 10,000 (ISO 7) clean room manufacturing of sensitive microfluidic devices to ensure they can be produced, assembled, and packaged without contamination.