You are here
3M™ PTFE Extruded FilmTape 5491
3M™ PTFE Extruded Film Tape 5491 Gray is a 6.7 mil PTFE extruded film tape with silicone adhesive. 3M™ PTFE Extruded Film Tape 5491, Thicker version of Tape 5490, PTFE extruded film with silicone adhesive, provides an exceptionally slick surface when applied and resists curling during unwind. Chemical resistant surface for sealing and masking.
PTFE Extruded Film Tapes have a film backing with a silicone adhesive. Self-lubricating with low co-efficient of friction to help improve web processing. Used in printing, aerospace, automotive and MRO (maintenance and repair) markets. Anti-stick for easy cleanup of hot plastic. Chemical-resistant barrier.
- Provides excellent chemical resistance except to organic solvents. Note: The silicone adhesive will be attacked by commercial organic solvents and is not recommended for applications requiring organic resistance.
- Extruded, calendered film tapes that resist curling during unwind and provide an exceptionally smooth surface when applied.
- Extruded PTFE film tapes lie flatter than typical skived PTFE film tapes.
- Thicker backing helps extend the service life, compared to thinner versions, when subjected to abrasion or wear.
- Easy-release surface on rollers, plates, belts, etc. where build-up of sticky materials and inks can occur.
- Low coefficient of friction surface on rollers, formers, etc. to facilitate web movement.
- Chemical resistant surface for sealing and masking.
- Wrapping rubber nip rollers on hot polyethylene extrusion machines.