You are here
3M™ Repulpable Flying Splice Tape 906TC
Primarily designed for high temperature flying splices at the Off-Machine Coater. A light-weight tissue coated on both sides with a high tack, high shear strength, repulpable adhesive.
This 3 mil (.075) product has been an industry standard for flying splices by providing high initial wet grab and excellent shear strength. Not recommended for finished roll splicing. 906 tape is furnished on a repulpable easy-release paper liner. FDA compliant.
Caliper (mils): 3.0
We slit in rolls or die-cut to your exact specifications.
- Packing in sealed plastic bags helps protect constant moisture content of unused tape.
- Water solubility and alkali dispersibility are excellent and eliminate danger of contaminating the paper mill broke with non-repulpable material.
- Poor quality paper and plugged Fourdrinier screens can often be caused by non-repulpable rubber-based splicing media.
- Improved adhesive formulation for high adhesion – even to treated papers and strong splices to help save money.
- Totally repulpable construction so no need to remove splice from waste and prevents broke contamination caused by non-repulpable splice material to help save labor and increase value of waste paper.
- Tissue reinforced for smoother surface contact, improves splice strength to wider range of papers to help increase splice success ratio.
- Not recommended for finished roll splices or where oozing and bleeding may occur.
- Flying splice at Off Machine Coater.
- Splicing tape on Automatic Splicing Equipment.