You are here
3M™ Copper Foil Shielding Tape 1182, Double Coated with Conductive Acrylic Adhesive
3.5 Mil (total thickness) Copper Foil designed for applications requiring reliable point-to-point electrical contact, particularly EMI shielding, grounding and static charge draining.
3M™ Copper Foil Shielding Tape 1182 has a 1.4-mil copper foil backing with conductive acrylic pressure-sensitive adhesive on both sides and a liner. The 1182 tape with double-coated conductive adhesive makes an excellent conductive gasket. The 1182 tape has common EMI shielding 1.4-mil thick copper foil backing. Highly conductive particles in the acrylic adhesive provide a multitude of electrical paths between the application substrate and the surface of the copper foil. Acrylic adhesive has good resistance to heat, oxidation, solvents and oils. Tape is supplied with removable liner on both sides for easy handling and die-cutting. The tape is UL Recognized for flame retardancy per UL 510. This tape is designed for applications requiring connection to substrates through both sides of the tape gasket to electrically and physically bond two different parts for: point-to-point electrical contact, EMI/RFI shielding, grounding and static charge draining. These tapes can used in both electronic & electrical devices, shielded rooms and EMI test laboratories for prototyping, design and troubleshooting.
- Deadsoft 1-ounce copper foil backing
- Conductive acrylic adhesive on both sides
- Supplied with removable liner on both sides for easy handling and diecutting
- 3M 1182 is typically used to bond two surfaces together, both electrically and physically.
- An example would be adhering a conductive gasket to a conductive surface as part of the EMI shielding solution for an electronic enclosure.